Car and taxi owners in Doncaster have to purchase a car insurance plan to drive their vehicles legally on the road and work as a taxi driver in Doncaster. As per the Motor Vehicles Act (MVA) 1969, it is a legal mandate for all car owners to own a valid car insurance plan with them. Driving your four-wheeler on Indian roads without a good car insurance plan can lead to hefty fines. Along with this, without 4-wheeler insurance plans, you may not be able to protect your vehicles from unprecedented financial liabilities arising from accidents or thefts. Therefore, you must get a car insurance policy while purchasing the car.
In the past, you had to visit your car insurance company physically to carry out the purchase. However, today you can purchase car insurance online by directly visiting your preferred insurer’s website. Moreover, insurers in the country have made purchasing car insurance online extremely easy for customers. Therefore, purchasing car insurance online can be quite beneficial.
Benefits of Buying Car insurance policy online
- No paperwork: You don’t need to submit physical documents to carry out the purchase online.
- Compare plans: You can easily compare the different insurance plans available online. Comparing the plans available for you will help you make an informed decision.
- 24×7 available: You can visit the insurer’s website at your convenience at any time.
- Premium calculator: You can use the premium calculator on the insurer’s website to get a premium quote. Using the premium calculator can help us understand the breakdown of the premium amount and make an informed decision.
- Car insurance claim and renewal: You can file the car insurance claim and the renewal of the insurance policy online through your insurer’s website.
While the purchase can be easy and smooth for customers, you may be a bit fearful of carrying out the purchase online. This is because many scams and fraudulent websites are available online that are designed to dupe individuals out of money. However, you can rely on a few basic steps to purchase the plan online safely.
Here’s How You Can Safely Buy Car Insurance Online:
Buying insurance online for your car is a bit scary for certain individuals. However, if you follow the steps listed below, you’ll be able to have a safe transaction.
- Before purchasing: Insurance companies offering car insurance policies online have to be registered with India’s Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI). The list of the companies registered with IRDAI is mentioned on their website. If you’ve narrowed down on an insurance company, you can check if the insurer’s name is mentioned in the list or not.
Along with this, you can check if the insurance company is registered or not by visiting their official website and looking for the registration number. Following these steps before you purchase the car insurance policy can help you ensure you purchase the plan from a safe insurance company.
- While purchasing: Once you have ensured the insurance company is registered, you can visit their official website and purchase or renew the insurance plan. You can visit the insurer’s website by using search engines like Google. You can also visit the insurer’s website through their social media accounts or any campaigns held on different platforms.
Once you have visited the official website, you must ensure that it is the real website and not a duplicate website designed by fraudsters. You can also contact the insurer and ask them to send you the link to the official website.
If you’re planning to carry out the purchase through your smartphone, you must make sure you have downloaded the original app and not a fake app. It would be best to download the app from the link provided on the insurer’s official website.
- After purchasing: Once you have made the payment, you must check if you have gotten the policy document or not. After the purchase, you must check your email ID inbox that is registered with the insurance company. Usually, the policy document is sent in 10 minutes or so. A few minutes of delay is normal.
However, if you haven’t gotten the policy document, you must contact the insurance company and follow up with them. Once you have received the policy document, you must read through it to ensure it is authentic. You can do so by checking the QR code, details of the policy, etc. If you find certain mistakes in the policy document, you can contact the insurance company and get it fixed through the endorsement process.
Following the steps listed above can assist you in making a safe purchase for your car. You can also follow the safety checklist mentioned below to ensure you aren’t being scammed online:
- Way too many details: Insurance companies usually ask for certain personal details to carry out the transaction. However, you would not have to provide extremely sensitive information to your insurer for insurance purchases. If you have found a website asking you for too many sensitive details, you must exit the website as soon as possible.
- Extremely beneficial policy: Certain car insurance plans offer great coverage. However, some scamsters attract people by offering an insurance plan that is too good to be true. Usually, individuals try to capitalize on the great coverage as soon as possible and go ahead with the purchase. However, if you’ve found such an insurance plan that offers great coverage for your car, you must exit the website and look for official websites to carry out your insurance purchase.
If you’re planning to buy car insurance online in India, you must follow preventive measures before, during and after the purchase. This way, you can ensure you have purchased the insurance plan from your insurer’s legitimate website.